CES is seeking qualified candidates. CES offers a competitive
salary and benefit package. Full-time positions include major medical, dental, and 401 (k).
CES is an equal opportunity employer
Open position(s) we have at this time are listed below followed by the requirements of the position.
Staff Scientist I
Job Title: Staff Scientist I
Location: Visalia, California
Salary: Competitive Salary (DOE) & Benefits
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Staff Scientist I position in Cascade Earth Sciences (CES) Visalia, California business office. Cascade Earth Sciences (CES) is a subsidiary of Valley Irrigation, the world’s largest manufacturer of mechanized irrigation systems. CES has provided water, environmental and agricultural consulting, design and turnkey solutions to our customers since 1976. Our customers primarily consist of larger agricultural producers, food and beverage processors, federal agencies, municipalities, mine operators, timber and wood processors, manufacturers, and private land owners. Our interdisciplinary staff is comprised of ag, environmental, civil, and chemical engineers; agronomists and soil scientists, geologists and hydro geologists, technical and business specialist. We provide solutions to water, agricultural and environmental challenges that meet our motto, Conserving Resources. Improving Life.
Cascade Earth Sciences is looking for a highly-driven individual who will be responsible for compiling and interpreting water quality, crop, soil, and climate data as it relates to environmental and agricultural operations. Additionally, you will…
- Prepare cropping, irrigation, and nutrient management plans and monitoring reports
- Evaluate, prepare, and communicate irrigation schedules and plant nutrient requirements
- Install and maintain soil, moisture, and water sampling equipment
- Lead and participate in soil, water, and groundwater sampling
- Work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Communicate results of activities to supervisors, clients/farmers, and contractors
What it takes
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Soil Science, Agronomy, or other agriculture/environmental-related field
- One year of previous experience in irrigated or agricultural consulting
- The ability to obtain professional certification in Soil Science, Agronomy, or a Certified Crop Advisor within two years
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions effectively
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and ability to travel with reliable transportation for use in work-related activities
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Soil Science, or other agriculture/environmental-related field
- Three years of previous experience in environmental management, monitoring, and reporting for agriculture
- Experience with regulations pertaining to irrigation and nutrient management and reporting, groundwater quality, and stormwater management
- Crop Advisor certification
- Experience or training in soil mapping, irrigation and drainage, environmental sampling and analysis, soil chemical fate and transport reactions, soil microbiology, soil fertility, and/or nutrient cycling
- The ability to read, write, and speak in both Spanish and English
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to write well using correct grammar and syntax in an organized and comprehensive manner
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues, clients, and regulators
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position, please visit the Careers page at www.valmont.com.
You may search for the Staff Scientist I position by using job code 160000EA. From there you can submit the company's
Application for Employment; the required first step in our hiring process.